Monday, June 05, 2006

When there's a will...there's a way.

My handphone has a built in 42Mb memory... just enough for 6 mp3s. Yes, I occasionally listen to songs using my phone while driving to work. "Why?" you asked...it's because I'm too poor/lazy to buy a cd player for my car...and my car is a "unique" car (those who have sat in it will know why). Besides that, the usual radio stations DJ talks too much during the peaked traffic hours. Plus the very stressful experience driving with so many countless reckless drivers on the roads.

Anyway, me being me, unsatisfied with the memory limitations, I begin to wondered if there's another way to fit in more songs. Lo and behold... the secret to more songs in my handphone for my listening pleasure while driving to work....is "BITRATE" MUAHAHAHA.. so simple... it's been right in front of me all this while. The usual audio cd conversion to mp3 is 128kbps (kilo bits per second) or above for more superior and clearer quality. Hence, more data means larger file size. Using my most loved music player iTunes (I did the conversion using a PC). I change the mp3 importing settings to 96kbps...and VOILA!!!...6 songs that takes up 40 over mb...now only for 20 over mb!
That brings you to more songs. The quality of sound of course depreciates due to the lesser data file size, but when you are listening using a handphone, you can't really tell the difference. It still delivered a reasonable good quality stereo sound.

Ya...ya..I can hear you all saying... "you're nuts.!!" maybe i am...hehehe.
But there's a good moral lesson to my story...
"When there's a will... there's a way"
or there's a chinese saying "yeh hai sei geh.. yan hai sang geh"
(direct translation "things are dead... people are alive") p(^_^)q


Thank you for reading my technological breakthrough of the day.

2 comments:

vteck said...

try rip em down to 32kb lah, then u can have album full of songs, he he...

chumk said...

hahaha cannot ah...i guess anything before 64kbps will sound terrible leh.. kekeke next time ah